Every smartphone owner should know the importance of software updates. You should get the latest update whenever available to get the most out of your Galaxy S10. If you switched from an iPhone, you might be wondering how to update the software on your Samsung Galaxy S10.
Keep reading; we will show you how to do just that. Updating the software is a simple thing to do, and you'll need just a few minutes.
See also: How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S10 Wi-Fi Issues.
Importance of software updates
Keep an eye out for software updates to ensure your device performs at its best. There is always something new to enhance your phone's performance. Here is what the updates bring:
- New software updates usually come with security patches and improvements
- The update will likely have bug fixes if there are known issues with a specific smartphone model.
- Last but not least, the updates add new features and, often, changes in design.
Things you'll need:
- You will need enough free space on your device
- Make sure that your phone is fully charged or that it has at least 50 % of the battery
- Always connect to a Wi-Fi network instead of mobile data to avoid additional costs.
How to update the software on Samsung Galaxy S10
Here is how to update the software:
- Swipe down from the Notification bar and then tap Settings
- Scroll down to find Software update and tap on it
- Now tap Check for updates
If there is an update, follow the on-screen guide to download it. Once the software update is installed, your device will restart automatically. As soon as it boots up, you can start exploring the features the update introduced.