Samsung Galaxy S5 Common Issues And How To Fix Them
Samsung releases their new flagship smartphones every year with the latest technology. One of them is Galaxy
Samsung releases their new flagship smartphones every year with the latest technology. One of them is Galaxy
Samsung releases their new flagship smartphones every year with the latest technology. One of them is Galaxy S5, the S series with 5.1-inch with Android 4.4 KitKat. Let’s see the most common issues, and how you can fix them.
Common Samsung Galaxy S5 issues and their solutions
Galaxy S5 Headphone Issue
Headphone issue is one of the common issues on Galaxy S5. Try these steps to solve the problem.
Make sure you put your headphone correctly to its place on your Galaxy S5.
Make sure your phone is not muted.
Go to Volume Settings and look for the speaker icon. If you see the icon there, then your phone is muted for the headphone. Jus increase the volume to unmute it.
Check and try to clean the port from dirt or dust by blowing the compressed air into the hole.
Check whether the headphone and its port are broken. If one of them or both are broken, you need to change them.
Galaxy S5 Error 919
Samsung Galaxy S5 Error 919 is an error that mainly occurs when the installation of an app starts.
Perform Clean Cache Data.
Access to Settings > tap Application > tap Manage Application > choose Google Play > tap Clear Cache > go back to Home screen > Download Manager > choose Clear Data. After you perform this, check if the issue is solved.
Try all the Internet connection on your Galaxy S5: WiFi and Mobile Data.
Change the APN settings. The menu of your phone > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Network > access point names, then edit the APN settings as one of your friend’s APN of the same carrier.
Select Settings > Wireless and Networks > Mobile Network > access point names > edit the APN settings as one of your friend’s APN of the same carrier.
Galaxy S5 Slow Response
Even though Galaxy S5 has a powerful RAM and processor, some users experienced a slow response on this phone.
Try to change the launcher on your Android. You can try Nova Launcher that you can find on Google Now.
If you are using any animation, try to turn off it.
Open the S voice feature.
Double tap the Home button > go to Settings > uncheck the “Open Via Home key” option if it’s checked.
Turn off the automatic “Data Sync”
Disable the applications that you are rare to use.
Galaxy S5 Automatic Reboots And Vibration
The main reason why this issue is the POWER key. If the power key is stuck then you will face this type of situation.
First, take out the battery of your phone, then press and release the power button for several times.
Keep doing the step 1 above until you see the snap on the power button. If it doesn’t snap, your power button can be broken. It means you need to change it with the new home button.
Galaxy S5 App Freezes Problems
Many users of Galaxy S5 reported that they faced the problem when the app freezes and it takes a lot of time to get started again.
Update certain app and reinstall it. First, you have to uninstall it, and then go to Google Play to get the app and install it.
After you uninstall the app, take out the microSD card from your phone. Try to use the new microSD card and reinstall the app.
Contact the developer to ensure the compatibility of the application on the Android version that you use.
Try to do the factory reset. But, before you do it, you better backup your data first.
- Power off you Galaxy S5
- press and hold the Power, Home, and Volume Up buttons simultaneously until the phone vibrates, then release the Power button only.
- Once the Android recovery screen shows up, release the other two buttons.
- Highlight the Wipe Data or Factory Reset using the volume button and confirm your action by using the power key.
- Next, highlight ‘Yes delete all user data’ option using the power key and the factory reset process is starting.
Galaxy S5 Stuck On Android Logo
If your Galaxy S5 is stuck on Android logo, you are not the only one, because it’s a common issue. Many users experienced the same problem.
- Power off your phone
- Press the Home, Power, and Volume Up buttons altogether and hold them until you feel the phone vibrates, then release only the Power key.
- The Android recovery screen should appear. When it happens, release the Home and Volume Up buttons.
- Use the volume down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition’ and confirm it using the Power button.
- Next, ‘Reboot system now’ should be highlighted as well and press the Power button to select it.
- Now, restart the phone by pressing the Power key.
Galaxy S5 Turning On And Off Itself Issue
Though Galaxy S5 has been designed to operate multiple apps simultaneously, but still, the overheating problem occurs sometimes and the device turns off itself.
Reduce the usage of the Internet and video apps.
Keep the temperature of your phone environment in a well-ventilated place and not too hot, like under the pillow or inside the hot car.
Try to replace the current SD card with the new one.
Don’t use the phone for a heavy game or app while it’s charging.
Galaxy S5 USB Connection Issue
These are the possible steps how to fix the USB connection issue on your Galaxy S5.
- Make sure you use the original USB cable.
- Avoid using the unoriginal accessories to your Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Try to connect your phone to your computer directly.
- Check the USB ports of your phone, and make sure it’s not damaged or contains some liquid.
- Tr to disable antivirus or firewall on your PC if you have it.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the Phone and PC.
- Connect your phone to computer directly.
- Try another USB port.
Galaxy S5 Unread Email
We are now can open and read email everywhere as long as we have a smartphone and Internet connection. It can annoy you if you are able to open the email but cannot read it. Foremost if that email is the important one.
- Go to Settings > Account and Sync then Enable, Turn on all
- Go to Settings > General Tab > Accounts > Open Email App (active sync) > select your prior account setting> ticked Synced Email
Perform a master sync.
- Go to the black bar status menu.
- You will see a small 4 squares at the right corner. Click it and you will see some icons appear.
- Find the sync icon. If the color of the sync icon is grayed, you have to turn it on by tapping it until the color changes to green.
Galaxy S5 Email Not Syncing Problem
One of the advantages of having a smartphone is that it can sync the applications from any other device, for example, our email.
Enable auto sync by going to Settings > Accounts & sync > check Auto Sync.
Uncheck the block Background by entering the Power Saving mode from Settings.
Enable Master Sync by dragging down the screen from top > click the three dot image that you see on the screen > enable master sync by clicking the Sync button.
Enable global sync by going to Settings >Data Usage >Menu >Auto Sync Data.
Galaxy S5 Battery Problems
Galaxy S5 is a high-end smartphone equipped with great spec, including its battery as it is one of the most important parts of a device. If you have the battery issue, try these steps first before you decide to replace with the new one.
Charge the battery for about 10 minutes through the main source and watch if the LED becomes RED or not.
If the problem still there after you’re charged the battery for 10-15 minutes, remove the battery and mount it properly, and charge again.
Take out the battery and check the little sticker on it. If the color of the sticker is red, pink, or purple, the liquid has entered into it. Ask the technician to fix it.
You have to replace the battery if it is swollen, lumped or has a leakage.
Galaxy S5 Audio Problem
These methods will help you to solve the audio problem on your Galaxy S5 if you are facing this issue right now.
Turn off the phone by pressing and holding the power button, take out the battery and SIM card, then leave it like that for some minutes. Put the battery and the SIM card back in, and turn on the phone.
Check the microphone of your phone and try to clean it from dust by using a compressed air.
Turn off the Bluetooth.
Go to Settings > Bluetooth > forget the paired devices.
Try to wipe cache partition:
- Power off your Galaxy S5 by pressing and holding the power button.
- Press the three buttons: Power, Home, and Volume Up together at the same time until the phone vibrates and you see the Android recovery screen and release them.
- Highlight the ‘wipe cache partition’ and select it using the power screen.
Galaxy S5 Rear Speaker
Galaxy S5 is equipped with the great speakers, but how if you find it broken?
Enter to the Safe Mode.
- Switch off the phone.
- Press the power button and hold it for a few second until the Samsung Galaxy logo appears. Then release it and press the volume down key. Keep holding it until the restarting process is done.
- Release the volume down key after you see the safe mode on the screen.
Try to factory reset your phone. But, make sure to backup your data first.
- Navigate to Settings
- Tap Back and Reset.
- Choose Factory Data Reset
- Choose Reset Device
- Tap ‘Delete All the Data’
- Reboot the phone.
Galaxy S5 Constant Calls Dropping Problem
These are the possible methods you can try to solve the constant calls dropping issue on your Galaxy S5.
Boot your Galaxy S5 into Safe mode.
- Switch off the phone.
- Press and hold the power key until you see the Samsung Galaxy logo on the screen, then press the Volume Up button. Keep holding the key until you see the safe mode shows up on the lock screen. If the phone runs normally after the process, then you should remove the problematic apps.
Call your carrier and ask about your local service or changing the PRL (preferred roaming list).
Navigate to Settings > Mobile Network > Network Mode > Select automatically preferred network or GSM only.
Update the Software.
Go to Settings > About > Software update > Update.
Toggle the Airplane mode on, wait a few seconds and turn it back off.
Restart your Samsung Galaxy S5.
Galaxy S5 Slow Text Message Issue
It can be so annoying if you find this issue, but it a quite common issue among the Galaxy S5 users.
Clear all the SMS threads by navigating to Settings > tap the Application Manager > tap Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Try to use the other messaging app, like the SMS Pro and change your keyboard app.
Galaxy S5 Sim Card Not Detected Problem
Some users report that their Sim card is not detected on their Galaxy S5 device. If you are one of them, you may try these steps.
Take out the SIM card from your Galaxy S5 and clean it from dust or dirt by blowing an air into it.
Contact your carrier and check with them if the phone is the carrier causes the issue. If yes, ask them to help you to unlock the phone.
Boot your Galaxy S5 into Safe mode. If the phone runs normally after you perform the safe mode, then remove the third party apps.
Galaxy S5 Corrupted MicroSD Card
What to do if you found the corrupted microSD card issue on your Galaxy S5? You can try the steps below.
Some microSD brands like SanDisk cannot work properly at a certain temperature, so you have to check your phone temperature. You can use the Temperature Apps to monitor the temperature of your phone.
Check your phone microSD from your laptop’s Command Prompt.
Enter the Command Prompt > press CTRL+R > type CMD and press Enter.
Chkdisk G: /f
In this case, G:/ is the memory drive that you inserted via the card reader. If you identify bad sector contact the service center of your microSD for a replacement.
Galaxy S5 Macro Focus Problem
If you are facing this issue on your Galaxy S5 right now, try these steps.
- Open the Camera app on your phone.
- Go to Settings by tapping the gear icon.
- Find and disable Selective Focus
Galaxy S5 Not Charging Issue And Slow Charging
One of the annoying things about our device is when having charging issues, whether the phone is not charging or it is charging, but takes forever to get a full battery.
Try a different charger with Samsung mobile origin.
Try a different USB Cable and charge by Kies.
Try charging it off via PC/Laptop.
Try removing the battery for 3 minutes, let it cool down and then charging again.
Blow inside the USB port and fix the contacts if it’s bent.
Reboot your phone several times.
Download the battery charging electrical current app to monitor charging.
Perform boot in Safe Mode.
- Power off your Galaxy S5.
- Press the Power button and keep holding it until “Samsung Galaxy S5” appears, then release the button.
- Immediately press and hold the volume down button until the restarting process is complete.
- Once you see the Safe Mode on the lock screen, let go the key.
- Check if the phone just fine in Safe mode. If it does, then you should remove the third party apps that cause this issue.
Galaxy S5 Slow Wi-Fi Issue
Thi issue is a very common one. If you are facing a slow Wi-Fi issue, try these methods.
Turn off Wi-Fi, wait for a few seconds and turn back on.
Restart your phone. If this step does not work, then download WiFi Fixer app on your PC and install it there. Wifi Fixer is an app that solves wifi problem on Android devices. Download the APK here or download the original version from Google play here
Clean the cache partition.
Open Settings > tap Aplication > Manage Application > choose Google Play > tap on Clear Cache > go back to home screen >go to Download manager > select Clear Data.
See also: 10 Ways To Fix Wi-Fi Connection Problem