Samsung has recently offered its latest flagship Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ recently, which are wrapped with excellent features, and Bixby is one of the main attractions in these latest devices. More about Bixby and how to set up and use Bixby on the Galaxy S8 is explained in more detail.
What Is Bixby?
Bixby is an innovative digital assistant that has come to compete with Siri and other similar assistants.
It is worth mentioning that Bixby is more innovative than other similar services, and it clarifies everything for you if you can't understand something. For example, if you ask Bixby to call John and say there are three Johns saved on your phone, Bixby will ask you which John you want rather than selecting the first John.
You can do every task with this digital assistant that you can do through touch. Most of the apps will work with Bixby.
How to Set Up Bixby on your Galaxy S8
- Bixby is made to talk, understand texts and learn with you over time. This personal assistant can be accessed through a dedicated button located on the left side of the Galaxy S8 just below the Volume button. Bixby can also be accessed from the home screen by swiping to the right.
- It will take you to the Bixby hello page, which has a START button. Tap on this.
- Go through the terms and conditions of the digital assistant and tap on the "agree to all" option when prompted.
- Next, you will be presented with options like reminders, email messages, recommendations, and other data. Tap on the tab, cards, or app to use and interact with them.
- As soon as you choose the tab and are on the intended page, you can customize the selected Bixby card by accessing the menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Also, Bixby settings can be accessed by pressing the settings icon.
How To Use Bixby On Galaxy S8
There are four ways to interact with Bixby: Bixby voice, Bixby Vision, Bixby Reminder, and Bixby Home.
Bixby Voice: Bixby Voice is easy to use; you just need to tap on the small button on the left side of the device just below the volume button. Press and hold the button to say something to Bixby, and Bixby will get things done for you.
Bixby Vision: Bixby is made to do more than just answer some questions and do what you say. The camera can be used here to get more information about a product. In other words, this assistant is also context-aware and can translate texts and read the QR code and barcode. Here's how to use the Bixby vision.
- Open the camera app and tap on the Bixby vision (eye) icon on the left side of the camera button. Now point it to any object, place, or image.
- It will then show four options: image, text, place, and shopping. Tap on the required option and you will receive numerous information regarding that.
- Bixby vision can also be used for old photos in the gallery. Just open the image and tap on the Bixby Vision icon, and you are done.
Bixby reminder: While all digital assistants are made to remind you of things you need to do, Bixby is better than all the others. To use the Bixby reminder, tap on the dedicated button to set the reminder. That's all.
Bixby Home: Bixby Home is a place that has a plethora of information. It can be accessed by swiping left on the home screen, which looks like a card. Multiple cards will appear, signifying different features like music, photos, contacts, Uber, etc.